Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Which one?

Yesterday, we finally went to pick out some carpet. I came home with two sample boards. I picked a shade that I thought would be neutral. This morning, I decided on a different color, knowing it was best. Now, I look at the sample (20 huge :) 2 inch squares) and think another shade would do better, especially since the sun is shining on it. Man oh man, if we weren't spending so much on carpet, I would hire a decorator. Maybe, we'll just draw the name from a hat. Then I won't have to decide which one!
But wait, am I sure I want Bartlett Place (50 weight & softer) or Prominent (60 weight and should be softer). One thing I am sure of, I want it treated with polymer, they claim that even bleach will not stain because of this treatment. That's good enough to narrow down the choices, but not the style or color.
Which one?

5 comments:

Kathy aka Pie said...

I say go softer - you never know when you might to roll around on the floor . . . but we all know that I'm no decorator - ask Jamie.

myra said...

You ALWAYS have this problem! :) Look at the samples at different times of day, in different lights because the colors will continue to change.

I'm all about getting a softer carpet and the polymer treatment sounds amazing.

I'm not sure what Kathy meant by rolling around on the floor though... I'll pretend I didn't read that. :)

Kathy aka Pie said...

What I meant was getting on the floor with Morgandy or doing yoga maybe - what did you think I meant Myra?

Lana said...

I agree with Myra, look at them at different times of the day. Then do a summersault, a push up, and a sit up. Then walk on each with a glass of milk, water, and a spoon full of peanut butter. Then take them into the bathroom with you and put them under your feet as you go. Then dance the cha cha, tango, and limbo on each of them. And finally, take pictures of all the previous activities and post them on your blog.

Debby McCrary said...

Kathy & Lana,
Are you two related? To me??? I just wonder what shape my carpet will be in, if you two come to visit...if I ever get new carpet.
We are set on a carpet, but the contractors with Home Depot won't move our amoires or safe, so we are not getting anywhere fast.