Monday, March 3, 2008

In a sea of Yankee's

Today we went to the Spring Training of the Astro's vs the Yankees.
Only 3 Astro's from our days at Minutemaid park remain.
This is so foreign from the fans in Houston.
As Alex warned, (before we moved to FL)
" it is the place of old people."

Here is ex- Astro, Morgan Ensburg, and veteran
Lance Berkman... Between batters, they enjoyed
visiting with each other.
Not Minutemaid Park. Marcus & I did a duet,
(in a crowd of Yankee fans) as we sang, "Deep in the Heart of Texas"
Although we lost (7 to 6) it was a great game.
However, an older man seem to only harass the
black Astro pitchers, making me very upset,
but entertaining the Yankee fans. At one point the Yankees
had the bases loaded, (2 outs) and the man at the plate was threatening to walk.
The fan yelled out, "You could walk him, but there's no place for him to go."
With the next 2 pitches, the batter was out, and I yelled back, "Yes, he did
have a place to go. I wish I could say I shut that fan up...
at least he was quiet for a time. Have to say it felt good to get the last word for that
moment. The Yankees were a good team, but I'm proud to be an Astro's fan.
Just miss the spirit at Minutemaid Park.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kathy aka Pie said...

hey batter batter swing . . . I'm jealous, your going to spring training & we have snow this morning. Just doesn't seem fair. Glad you had a great weekend with Morgandy. Take care maybe we will see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here