Sunday, October 19, 2008

Funny Stuff

I'm up, already for church, checking e-mail, & listening to the news.
Here's what I hear...

Breaking News...cold front hits Orlando, bringing a low...61
so go out and enjoy it now, cause it won't last long.

For an Amarillo girl, that sounds so funny!


Also overheard a young boy (5-7 yrs old) leaving the store with his dad and 2 sisters. He was wearing his football uniform and was proud he was prepared for the parking lot poles. He told his Dad, "Wow, it's a good thing I'm wearing my cup, in case I run into a metal pole of something, isn't it Dad?"
Everyone kept on walking and his Dad quietly acknowledge the comment.

That reminded me of the memory of my younger brother, Darby, wearing a Kotex napkin on his leg, covering an injury while playing front yard football...all because Mom told him they were sanitary napkins. Was he wanting me to die of embarrassment...with the whole world seeing him?

Sure do love having brothers...they still embarrass me and make me proud.

No comments: