Thursday, October 30, 2008

Voted Once

So, I went to vote, much different here than Texas.
They verify your D.O.B. and address. So my D.L. had our new address, but their computer had the old address, which I finally gave her. She told me to go to the next line, and wait for my name to be called, as they print my ballot. Then she ask me to return and update my address on the computer, and they called my name and held up my ballot. But I was in the wrong line to get it, so they laid it on the table.
I return to the correct line, ask for my ballot, on the table, but they said they were printing a new ballot for me. I ask what they did with my first ballot, and they said they tore it up...but one of 2 folders was still there.
Who knows what really happened to my first ballot?
Wish it wasn't so crazy and unreliable these days.
It's sad when there is cause for concern.

No comments: