Friday, January 23, 2009

Reflecting!

This week I read, Longing for a Homeland by Lynn Anderson. It was a book that I couldn't put down. Toward the end, he mentioned scriptures that I knew, but hadn't invested in. I found myself wishing that I could go back, and talk about them with my kids and live joyfully with them in mind.

I tried to tell myself it must of counted that all my prayers with my kids, thanked God that He will always love them. But these psalms showed how much he loves...

Psalms 23:6
Because the Lord is my Shepard...Surely goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalms 139
10 "Your right hand will hold me fast."

17-18 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable, I can't even count them: they out number the grains of sand! (NLT)

John 3:16, tells us of the result of the precious thoughts that God has for us.

Zephaniah 3: 15

"The Lord your God is with you
He is mighty to save
He will take great delight in you,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

Isaiah 49:16

God says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.

I am thankful for these reminders and this is where "Home Sweet Home" is.

No comments: