Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Being connected

Terry created many traditions with his 2 yr old grandson ,Eli, while he was here for the past 3 months. Eli, and his family departed for Jinja yesterday, but Terry continued their Tuesday night tradition. Every Tues. night, they ate pizza, then went across the street to touch a big blow-up of a blue Elephant, then walked back to the rail-road tracks, and threw rocks in mud puddles. Last night we ate pizza, then Terry parked his car and walked over to touch the blue elephant. Although he will arrive in Jinja to see his grandson in a few days, he wanted to keep him close for the moment. I love that connection.

I had the blessing of being with my granddaughter this past week-end. I was touched by another connection that is precious to me. It started about 29 yrs ago, when I sang to Myra. One song that she loved was "Sing to me of Heaven" and 2 yrs later, we recorded Myra singing that song (at the top of her lungs) to her baby sister, Lana. This past week-end, I heard her sing it to Morgandy. Even if Morgandy, doesn't pass on that song, my prayer is that she knows the hope and promise that that song conveys and that her daughter will reap the blessing of our great God.

I love connections!

No comments: