Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Amazing! Awesome! Adam!

It was a weekend of blessing as we spent time in Portland, Adams home for 4 years. We were invited to share in the love and honor of knowing Adam. God placed a special gift in my heart this weekend, it was joy, comfort, a piece of heaven ...it was Adam. True to Adam's nature, he said something about everything, with joy. It went something like this;

On the plane ..."Aunt Debby, It's awesome that you get to meet my friends."
Driving through Portland... "Aunt Debby, look at this awesome view, it's incredible beauty."
Going to the Abney's home. "You are going to like them, they are an amazing family!"
Friends came to fellowship and share their Adam experience. As they shared their love and connection, it seemed Adam was saying about each of them, " YOU are the blessing in my life!"
He laughed with us, and was glad we were among his friends at East County. It felt like the excitement and smile of a child greeting their daddy after a time apart. He was loving the Homecoming!
What I already know about Adam, I kept telling each person that I met, "Adam loved this church family so much, and we are blessed that he was loved by y'all."

The excitement continued throughout the church service and fellowship. It seemed Adam was there with a smile & complete joy, confirming that there are no tears in Heaven.
Even through our tears as we praised God in song, I felt his joyful praise of our loving Father. I knew he was excited that the Abney kids shared a blessing with baby Noah, that each Elder, each member, each child was an awesome sight.

As our family served communion, he seemed to remind me that after God "prepared a table before me in the presents of my enemy, HE gifted Adam & us with the victory over that enemy."

What sounds like craziness, was God's hand, using Adam to connect me with a loving people and a common union.

I was ask if Adam had any idea that he affected so many people? "No, he was just being Adam." I replied. But he is a child of God that effected, affected, & connected us to the glory of God. That's what I felt with Adam this weekend, and we give the glory and honor to God.

1 comment:

Marta said...

I'm sure that it was an incredible weekend. Our best friends, Robby and Lynsey Wells, are the youth ministers at ECC. Lynsey said that it was an awesome time with all of you. I'm glad that it was a blessed time. Our thoughts are with Ben and Kym, Eli and Noah as they head back to Uganda. I'm sure it will not be easy.