Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"Fairy Garden, Secret Hideaway"

Today I went shopping for clothes for a baby girl. Found a dress that had the following saying on it. "Fairy Garden, Secret Hideaway" Also, above this saying is a cute little girl standing in a flower garden. This little pink dress is heading to Africa, as a gift to "Gift."
Gift is the name given to a newborn baby girl, by her new found mother. Vinnie, was out working in her garden, and thought she heard a cat. Then she was surprised to hear another strange sound. When she checked out the area, she found a newborn baby girl, with placenta & cord still attached. The ants had also found this precious baby. Vinnie took her directly to a neighbors, then they had her treated at the hospital. This 5 lb. bundle, has been with Vinnie for 2 weeks, and Vinnie sees her as a "Gift" from God.
We had the honor of meeting Vinnie, last year when we visiting Ben, Kym, Eli & Adam. She is Ben & Kym's housekeeper, known for her sweet spirit, even in her adversity. As a young widow, she is working hard to provide for her children. To give them a good education, they have to live at school for most of the year. One thing I am sure of... Gift has been gifted to a precious family. Not one with financial wealth, but love beyond limit.
For the one who felt she couldn't keep this sweet baby, God lead her to a good and amazing women, Vinnie, the tender of the secret hideaway.

2 comments:

Kathy aka Pie said...

Oh my, what a harvest for Vinnie. God knew where to "plant" that Gift. I need the address to ship some girl stuff over. Kym had given me their address, but guess I have misplaced it. I like to shop for girl stuff.

Robby and Lynsey said...

I was running through "connected" blogs ;) and thought I'd drop you a line to say "Hi." I saw pics of your little Morgandy in her Easter dress and she is just a doll.

I love the story of Vinnie and her Gift. Vinnie sounds like such an amazing woman. I would love to meet her someday.

Blessings to you and your family.
Lynsey Wells (ECC in Portland - a.k.a. Marta's friend) ;) ha!