Monday, July 6, 2009

Hidden treasures in boxes

Jimmy (Jim Bob) Laird 1970

Found a letter from my younger brother, Jim Bob.
It was written on index cards and he was in 3rd or 4th grade.
Kathy & I were at O.C.C.
1.
Dear Kathy and Debby, I hope you are feeling well.
I am doing pretty good
I had larn gitus but I am feeling pretty good.
School is getting harder and harder we are in our prime numbers.
Man, I will be glad when school is out and you all come home.
Will have lots of fun together when you come home.
2.
I hope you are having a grovey time.
And both of you got a new bedspread
Darby Mom & Dad said hi,
AND! Me and Darby got a new bedspread to hahaha,
But we get a new rug hahaha
I am thinking of getting a Job mowing
give part 3 to TERRY But do not read it.

part 3 terry
Hey Terry I heard you got a new car.
I hope you are having a grovey time.
I'll see you soon. We got our gold up and a new basketball
so will have a grovey time.
Mom said thanks for flowers
she said they were buetful. love, Jim


Darby...1970(?)

My brother, Darby, wrote me a letter when I was a sophomore
in college. He was a sophomore in H.S. and I'd forgotten how
beautiful his handwriting is. He talked of basketball practice,
school being easy and making the J.V. team. But I love this...

P.S. "I'm glad I got to talk to you tonight.
Sorry I didn't talk longer.
but Mom wasn't in a good mood,
so I wasn't either, because she wasn't.

Remember the Good Word!
Beat those Bulldogs!

They are my treasure!


1 comment:

Kathy aka Pie said...

Yep, that first picture is the love of my life.....and we are still having a groovy time.