Saturday, August 15, 2009

Facebook Thoughts

Today, I read a few entries on my Face book that are inspiring, thought provoking and encouraging.

**One friend ask who had read the health reform bill? Wow! that opened a Pandora's box!
One comment had some weight to it. "Consider that the Constitution is only 6 pages long and can be condensed into wallet size and has been a source of wisdom through all these years. If that is effective, why does a health bill need to be 1000 plus pages."

(I tried reading some of the bill.... but my real beef is the "Get 'er done, now" mentality. A reform would be great, but not force fed again.)

** A friend shared that she was checking out at the grocery store, realized her wallet was in her husbands car, at work. She apologized to the cashier and knew some of the stuff would need to be restocked. However, the lady behind her insisted on paying for the groceries and would not give any personal info for reimbursement.

** My friend, Lisa, posted a great video to view. This Should Keep Us All Thinking It tells the story of a professor that was known to intimidate and berate students who believed in God.
A friend of Lisa made this comment..."As a teenager, whenever I would argue my faith as an atheist, I would have a vitriolic, condescending, angry attitude. Then one day I ask myself, "If there is no God, then why am I so mad at him?" That question started his journey to know and love God.

Keeping in touch and encouraged, is a Face Book benefit.

2 comments:

myra said...

Which version of the bill are people reading? There are several versions still in the works. It's going to be several months before there is a resolution. I do agree that it needs to be the right bill and not the rushed bill.

And what a great story on the kindness of strangers with the grocery story.

Facebook sure is fun!

Debby McCrary said...

Who are you listening to? President O wanted the billed passed before the August break. He said so himself. It was a "Fast forward" plan, much like the Stimulus package.