Saturday, August 8, 2009

Something Borrowed, Something Blue!

Marcus & Debby
July 26, 1974

Mini facts:
For H.S. Graduation I received 2 pair contact lens,
Chose a green pair and blue pair
By College graduation, I was down to 1 green tint and 1 blue tint.
While in college, unknown to me, my Dad got false teeth.
Cleaned teeth in Parkay Butter bowl.

So, unlike brides today, I did my hair myself,
(I know you can tell)
So off I go into our only bathroom, but forget my contact case.
Hey, will just put them in the parkay bowl, no problem.

Went to curl my hair and sit under my hood dryer.
Meanwhile, Dad went in to clean his teeth.
I went to get my contacts, "Hey who messed with the
parkay bowl?"
Dad told me that was his bowl, and he cleaned his teeth.
No glasses, a real headache will come my way.
Marc saws the old pipes apart to no avail.

My sister, Kathy, had her contacts, but not wearing them.
No such thing as contacts available in the Dr. office.
A bit blurry, but I wore my sister blue contacts and
did not have a headache.

That was my something borrowed, something blue.

No comments: