Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas pieces...and A.D.D. writings

Lana just left, after a 3 day visit and that girl knows how to get things done...

Christmas tree up ...check
Tree decorated ....check
Stockings hung...check
House decorated....check
Marcus Southwest Airline ornaments found...check
A new SWA tree....check
A mini-tree for Morgandy to decorate...check
Gifts wrapped...check
A day of shopping....check
Returning stuff (Already)...check
Playing cards...Check
Good lunch and visit at Chick-fi-la....check
A Honey Baked Ham....YUM!
Just plain FUN! Happens with all our kids!

Love our time together and she still makes us laugh.
She wins the "longest telephone conversation with Morgandy."

We talked of pass Christmas, where did they all go so fast?
I remember 2 "smart ideas" I had in gift wrapping .

1. Use cereal boxes for the clothes or some toys. They work great!
My kids became use to unwrapping a Raisin Bran box to find clothes or books in them.
But, when we had a Christmas party, the young girl thought she was getting cereal and the disappointment was instant. Lesson learned. Use the cereal boxes for my kids only.
2. I didn't want my kids to know which gift belonged to them. So I had a terrific idea to put Christmas stickers on the wrapped presents, instead of name tags. Then Christmas morning, I would tell them if they had the Santa stickers, Angel stickers or Snowman stickers. I still love that idea, BUT almost always had problems remembering who had which stickers. I heard lots of "Mother!" That's how it is living with a Mom who has A.D.D.

If my camera was working, I would share some of my favorite ornaments. I could never have a themed tree, would miss the hand-made or home-made ornaments to much.

So, it is starting to look a lot like Christmas around here, and it sounds strange to think that the lemons will be ready to pick as soon as Morgandy and Bretton get here.

Thanks again, Lana-Bear! It was delightful having you and "Maggie Mae" come for a bit!
Don't you just love that name....at least until this baby is born.


No comments: