Sunday, November 28, 2010

Auto Show and Wedding Rings

For years, Marcus had one of his kids to join him at the Auto Shows. Now, It's my turn to be his date and scout out all the cars. Have to say, their is finally a car that makes a place in the front floor board for a purse, Finally! So congrats to Toyota and Lexus. A major selling point for me.

As we were leaving, we stopped to hear a sales pitch on car wash & wax. The salesman ask if he could clean our wedding bands. They are close to matching, so he ask Marcus how long he has had this ring. "20 years", Marcus replied. However, I replied that my ring is 36 yrs old , and Marcus lost his original.
I course that opened up the tease of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
(Kids, you will love this) He then ask Marcus if he liked the result of cleaning his ring, would Marcus, shout a "WOW" or double" WOW" You can see his response, right? Gotta love that man.

The rings are almost like new, but I thought to myself, "If that man only knew..."

Yes, Marcus left his wedding band in a hotel and did his best to recover it.
Then he got his job at SWA, and was loving every minute of a dream come true for him.
But then he "did" the best compliment, I've ever been given...
He went to get a new matching ring made.
He didn't want others to wonder if he was married.

Who would have thought that an afternoon at an Auto Show, would remind me of such a sweet act of goodness. I am loved and it is so good.

1 comment:

Debby McCrary said...

He didn't want others to think he was single!