Friday, November 26, 2010

Laughed til I cried....

I bet you know how that feels. It starts out a laugh from deep inside, a side-splitting laugh, and for some, a wet your pants laugh... until you cry. Well, today it was different for me...I laughed because a good story teller told a great story...

His 13 yr old son had a serious discussion about "God's purpose for him." This made the Dad every proud, that his son was feeling God's presents.
Father..."So, tell me about this, Son."
Son..."I feel God wants me to have a dirt bike."
Father..."Seriously, Son?"
Son... (He was serious) "I have prayed for one, then started dreaming about one, then they seemed to be everywhere I look. I really think it's God's way of saying I need a dirt bike."
Father... "Well Son, I've never thought that would be something from God. I'll tell you what, let me pray about it, too"

That story was followed by this one...
Father... I remember driving in the car and my daughter said she wanted to ask me about something.
Turning the radio down, he said, "What is it, honey?"
"Well, I've been wondering how to be saved?"
After, that discussion, his 5 yr old son said, "Dad, I have a question, too."
Wow, thought the Dad, my kids are really thinking about God. "Yes, Son, what is it?"
Well, Dad, you know, I wonder if monkeys feet are hands, or do they have 4 hands and no feet."
"That, is a very good question, the father replied. I'll have to think about that."

It takes a good story teller to get you laughing out loud, and when that happened to me, I started crying...because I suddenly miss Adam. I miss his gift of story telling. I miss how he made me laugh until I couldn't breath. I miss how huge life was when around him. I miss his love....
I miss Adam!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lana said...

he was really funny! Our whole family is still pretty funny. I miss our Thanksgivings together.

Debby McCrary said...

That is a gift and blessing that is so sweet. I do love that y'all can make me laugh, and enjoy having fun. Life is to short to do otherwise!