Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Beauty of A child with a Question....

 
 




No doubt this day of celebration in October will forever 
claim a special place in Morgandy's heart.  And it should!


However, today, I got to peek into a special place in Morgandy's 
heart.  We were driving down Lake Shore Dr, on our way to church.
My favorite drive in Chicago, where you can see Lake Michigan on one side,
 and 
downtown Chicago, on the other.  As we watched the activity lining Lake Michigan, 
Morgandy noticed a huge group of runners.  Then she simply ask, 
"How will all those people know God if they don't go to church? 
 Maybe they are making the wrong choice."


On another day, I will tell her that maybe they have gone to church, or
 may go to church later,  or may get to know God by seeing someone who 
shows God's love.  But, seeing her sweet nature and true concern, 
left me speechless, but so encouraged and proud of her.


During, worship, another question grabbed my attention.  
The preacher shared a tight spot he was in, and tried to find the 
solution with this question.
"What is the God honored thing to do?"


I need to ask myself that question daily.
But for one sweet 5 yr old, she sees going to church, 
as an answer for those runners, and all of us.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: