Thursday, March 8, 2012

My tug of war!

I was introduced to a concept called, "The Word Project" by a lady at church.
It is simply choosing your own personal word or phase that can be a road map to make your life better. I delight in giving to others, and like my Mom, I know it is a apart of my love language.
But, I realize that I am having a huge giving problem in my relationship with God. I don't give Him my concerns and problems. I am the giver, so I will fix things. Just watch me give enough love, or words of wisdom, or tell it like I see it.
I have been stewing with this faith issue, thinking I had control to change things. But, all I did was fail miserably. I realized that what I need ....even now I pause because this is so hard for me to do...what I need and have to do is to give it over to God. NOT take it back and tell God, "Here, let me do it!" I have to stop living like that, so my phase for this year is....

HE WILL

Sure, I know God will, but my actions don't show that I believe it. So, it is my intention this year to stop and watch what HE will do.

Here are a few truths that I will claim as I go on this journey:

"I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"And God is faithful: HE will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, But when you are tempted, HE will also provide a way out so you can stand up under it." I Cor. 10:13

"The Lord your God goes with you; HE will never leave you or forsake you." Deut. 31:6

"The Lord your God is with you, HE is mighty to save.
HE will take great delight in you.
HE will quiet you with HIS love.
HE will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph. 3:17






1 comment:

Kathy aka Pie said...

Thank for you sharing with me. I like it.