Saturday, March 31, 2012

In Case Of Emergency!




No worries, Morgandy has control of this airplane!
No emergency card needed....but...



For the last 2 years when we fly "Papa's Planes" together,
she takes great interest on reviewing the pictures on the Emergency card.
You know that card in the seat back pocket in front of you.
She has studied the emergency procedures in her 5 yr old detail. No fear
about what might be, just being prepared. So last night she reviewed
the pictures as we prepared to take off. I pointed out the photo of how to
brace yourself in an emergency landing. She doubted that she could
bend her head to her knees, but I assured her she could. Later, in flight through the
clouds, I realized that she had her head between her knees. I ask if she was o.k.
and she assured me that she was just practicing.
As we waited to take off, I told her how the controller in the tower,
told each pilot when it would be their turn to go. She took the card
out of the seatback pocket of the seat in front of her, and proceeded
to show me the picture of the flying wreckage that would block opening
the emergency door, and said that's why planes had to take turns.
She is a smart one, she is!
Just sorry I didn't have the camera and couldn't use my cell phone.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: