Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BLT, Walmart and 4th graders.

BLT's are rare at our house, cause I don't normally buy bacon. But, yesterday, it seemed the only thing available to fix for lunch. So. I'm getting stuff ready and ask Marcus if he wanted his bread toasted. I loved his response. He answered, "Sure, if that's what you want." Don't know why, but immediately I told him, that I loved that answer and wondered if he would have the same response if I ask for extra shopping money. He replied, "Sure, if that's what you want." Now the battle within me wants to take him seriously, but I know that he was just kidding. It was music to my ears for a moment.

What question would you ask, if your husband had that response?

Alex was home for a week, and we had a night of pure silliness and fun. I ask him what name he wished he had. I think his answer had the title King in it. I reminded him that I could have named him after his Great, great, grandfather, Augustus Erastus De vault. (He wasn't a king, but a Indian Territory sheriff and gambler) Before long, Alex was calling Lana to say that when they (Nathan & Lana a few yrs. from now) have a son, they should name him Walter Martin, so we can call him Walmart.

Have you wished for a different name?

We got our Mvule Tree book,(More than just a Mvule Tree) written by the 4th graders in Denton, TX and dedicated to Adam. It is such a sweet story. As corny as it might sound, I think the angels are rejoicing over this gift. You can feel the spirit of goodness in a group of kids that have no idea how great their message is and their contribution to healing some broken hearts.

5 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog, keep the good work going :)

myra said...

I think I would ask for more shopping money too. But Patrick rarely tells me "No". He just tells me to check w/ Money so he doesn't have too. :O) I remember in 1st grade I really wanted my name to be Amy, I didn't like having such an uncommon name. But now I like it. I am very glad you didn't name me Carrie for obvious reasons :)

Debby McCrary said...

When I was in school there were 2-4 Debby's (Debbie's) in each class. That's the reason my kids had names that weren't the norm. Then out came the personalized stickers & pencils. Y'all weren't happy that your names were excluded.

Lana said...

Mom
i always wanted my name to be nathan then i met and fell in love with a nathan so the moral to this story is that I will be called nathan and he will be called lana. Other than that I wanted to be named jelly bean.
Also nathan now know as lana always says anything you want dear. Then I, nathan, melt!

Lana said...

also I'm glad that you thought my name through. spelling it backwards is always fun. but I guess I fixed it with my name being nathan.
love
anal and nahtan