Sunday, May 27, 2007

Things overheard

O.K this is weird, but have you ever been in a public bathroom, and overhear other conversations. Two different stuations keep playing in my mind.

One mother was super concerned about having her child in a public bathroom and she repeatedly said, "Don't touch! Don't touch! Don't touch! I guess I was expecting her to also say, "Don't breathe!" I felt the anxiety in her voice and found myself holding my breathe.

Then, I heard a sweet mother /child conversation, nothing special being said, just going about the business of washing their hands. As they approached the door, the sweet girl said, "Ok, now out and about." Her mother responded, "Yes, out and about!"

It felt like a sweet special connection and I thought it sounded like all was right in their world.

As you are "out and about", I hope all is right in your world, with just a bit of "don't touch."

No comments: