Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Stars & Windows

I love the way topics come up randomly. As I was shopping for cards this week, one birthday, one sympathy, both having the common theme of heaven.
The sympathy card suggested that just maybe the stars are really openings in heaven and the light comes from our loved ones bright smile of happiness. I often wondered if a new star appeared, when someone died. Anyway you look at it, stars are a comforting gift from God.
(Living in Amarillo, we often joined our Dad on a blanket and looked at the stars. It was one of my favorite times as a child).

The birthday card reminded me of what happens when God opens a window. In Malachi 3:10b, He says, "I will... open for you the windows (Floodgates) of heaven and pour out for you much blessings, that there will not be room enough to receive it." (This is God's response to our gift of giving.)

These 2 cards have lifted my spirits and reminded me of HIS love.

No comments: