Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A glimpse of a mothers grief

The following was written by my sister, Kathy, to her son, Adam. It's a glimpse into the heart of grief and faith.

ADAM,
I no longer pray for you. That seems like a strange thing for a mother to say, but it is true. I thank God for your life and the blessing of being your mother, but I no longer feel an need to pray for you. For 28 yrs and 8 days I prayed for you and ask God to keep you safe, and now I find myself struggling with His answer. I think that most of the time, we see ourselves as earthly children of God and that is the way we pray. But God sees us as His eternal children, and that is the way He answers. God has answered my prayer and you are now safe for all eternity. It is amazing how His answer causes so much pain and sorrow for the earthly child of God and at the same time gives so much joy & comfort to this eternal child of God.

Just another example of the awesome mother she is.

2 comments:

Marta said...

Thank you for sharing this.

Steve and Joan said...

How touching! I never thought about no longer praying for a child once they are in heaven... but now I see.