Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Favorite

Kathy
My beautiful sister!
Growing up, I just knew others considered me lucky to
have Kathy as my sister...and I am!
Beautiful, smart, kind, a friend,
a Spirit filled child of God.
I remember hearing her sing,
"Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.'
first a young teenager...then as a Mom,
as she washed dishes, folded clothes,
or held her children. As she rocked Ben ,
he would hold her ear, and sing "Blue Skies and Rainbows"
with her til he fell asleep.

She made me feel so special, the little sister tagging along with her
& Jana, even going to the drive-in movie to see The Graduate,
and ducking down in the car when Mary & Mom drove by.

As a mother of 3 amazing young men, she has been ask
by younger Moms.."What's the trick? How did you do it?"
When speaking to groups, I've used my sister as
the example of a consistent Spirit filled woman.
Her children saw her rise and work with love
for them & God.

With the gift of hospitality, she has blessed so many.
With love, her home has been open to friends and family.
The pictures below, show the time she met her great-niece,
Darby, and like all kids...Darby is being loved with song!
"Zaccheus was a wee little man"
"Zaccheus, you come down from there..."

"For I'm going to your house today..."


Kathy, I love you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

myra said...

Kathy is one of my favorites too. She stepped into kinda a "mom" role in college and I LOVED being at her house when I couldn't be home. I love that she taught me to be a generous cook, hostess and wonderful listener. I've always felt supported and encouraged by Kathy. She's the best!