Sunday, November 23, 2008

Funniest Things...

Last night as Marcus was winning big against my good hands of cards. Instead of getting hugely frustrated, "Let me call you Sweetheart" popped into my mind.
So, then & there, I started singing it to Marc. Looking puzzled, I told him that my Dad use to sing it regularly while playing his guitar.
Couldn't get that memory off my mind, as well as the other songs he sang, at night time, on the front porch. (Almost sounds like the Walton's doesn't it.)

I even googled the song and found lots of people singing it...but not like my Dad.
He also sang: The Preach Man went a huntin...
You get a line & I get a pole honey...
OKLAHOMA...( which my kids always sang as we entered the
promise land)
Deep in the Heart of Texas....

and so many more songs.
funny to have that memory at that time.
-----------------
So decided to upgrade my moisturizer to anti-wrinkle nutrients Olay
thinking that I got to much on my hand to apply, I read the directions...

"Apply liberally on face & neck as often as necessary each day"

Appears they have an easy out if it doesn't work.
------------------

Want a good laugh, visit Gena's blog (via Myra) Sat. nov 22 entry.
There is a funny debate around here about my comment being a pun.
What do you think?

No comments: