Friday, November 21, 2008

The Great Communicator (Wanna Be)

This year, Marcus usually leaves and returns to Orlando each day... kinda like a regular job. However, this month he has had 2 layovers in Tampa. Since it is just 80 miles away, I drive there to meet him, and we enjoy an afternoon of sight-seeing.
It is a beautiful Gulf Coast area, and I look forward to getting to see more.
Yesterday we ended up in Pass A Grille, a small beach community at the southern tip of St. Petersburg. I'm guessing that it was about 5 miles long and 4 blocks wide.
We found the Beach Museum and decided to go inside.
The friendly ladies told us a little history, then ask where we were staying.

Marcus replied, "By the airport!"

But I felt it would make more sense if I explained why we choose a hotel near the airport.
So, I added, "We are staying near the airport, because he just got off work and has the afternoon free, so I drove down to be with him. Tomorrow, he will fly
back to Orlando and I will drive back."

"Every interesting!" the lady replied. Was she thinking what I think she was thinking?

I thought I made myself clear...but this type of stuff happens alot. (I can hear a few family members shaking their heads in agreement!)

Talker, I am...Communicator, I wanna be!

No comments: