Monday, February 19, 2007

"IS or WAS"

Yesterday was a new "Adam connection." We met the Kings, a great young couple, planning on moving to Jinja in September. They will be a great match to serve with the present team. Got to share our Jinja experience, and laugh alot. (Especially at Adam stories)
To involve others in our conversation, I would explain our connection.
It went like this...
"They Kings know my nephews Adam and Ben, & his family Kym & Eli"
"They will work with Adam and Ben, I mean Ben..."
" Adam is doing the Mvule Project, I mean was..."
"I have 2 nephews in Jinja... I mean 1 ..."

You get the picture, we've all struggled with it, when we lose someone who "IS" in our world.

Finally, I quit correcting myself, but would pause, and the response would be a gentle smile and nod.

Adam "IS" to me, and that's all I want.

On a brighter note, I have just sent out info on the Mvule Project to different churches and friends that love including their children in service. I encouraged them to see this as an opportunity for kids to help kids.

Got a response from a sweet friend, Suanna Davis, at our home congregation in Kingwood. She is putting together a mission booth (this weekend) in honor of Adam, and his contribution to this project. Pray that response will be life changing for the givers & receivers.

Knowing Adam, he probably said, "God, you know what we can do with Debby's interest in this website." Then they both grinned and the e-mail was formed in my mind and off it went.
He is still working every opportunity. That's Adams heart and soul. A man of God!

Thank you, LORD!

2 comments:

Chelan said...

Debby, I havent' had the chance to say thank you for your interest and encouragement when you posted on my blog recently about Adam. I sure didn't want to be a discouraging voice in your life... but I was struggling. The "is" and "was" thing is strange, I agree. I like to say about those that have passed on, that they are with the Lord. It's a present tense thing I guess. Anyway, thanks. Also... I loved your relative (not sure of the name) who sang at Adam's graveside service. What a great song. Friends were talking of it for a long time afterward. It should be posted on your blog with a sound file. Good luck figuring sound files out. :)

Kathy aka Pie said...

Debby, Jim Bob has not recorded what he calls "the funeral song" yet. When he does I'll let you & everybody else know. love ya, Kathy (the sister-in-law)