Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Small World

Yesterday, a sweet friend, Wilma, from Kingwood called to see if we were affected by the horrible tornado's. We were spared from the storm, but I felt blessed by her concern. As we visited, she said that she had another friend in Orlando she needed to check on. Later in the afternoon, "her friend" called me and welcomed me to the community. I mentioned that we had barely settled due to alot of traveling. She then replied that she had heard of my nephews death, and even knew a couple, (from Orlando) that had attended the funeral.
I was choking up as she told of how amazing Adam must have been. My tears were not only for the loss I feel, but for the blessing of getting to be Adam's, Aunt Debby. Don't feel worthy of that honor, but count it one of the best gifts from God.
So, thankyou, Wilma, for calling me and your friend, and thankyou, Mary Margaret for sharing with me, how Adam touched the people he never even knew.
And thank you God, for showing your love through others.

No comments: