Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pondering Blessings

Since Lana returned from Uganda, I'm reconnecting with how you transition back into this culture. One of the puzzling questions is "What is God's blessings?" Never even predicted that I would struggle with that question. I'll say more about that later, but for now I want to thank God for blessing me with amazing children.

I sit here, not even knowing how to convey the refreshing love of our sweet Morgandy. I see the love of her mother, and daddy, & I'm so thankful that God is working in their lives to give her a foundation that will sustain her in this world. Myra shines in all she does, and that is true as Morgandy's mom.

Patrick is a perfect balance in making this family work. I love that he loves his family so much, and I am so grateful, that he filled in the gap, and made hard phone calls when friends needed to be contacted about Adam. His nurturing will give Morgandy a healthy example of how a man treats a women.

Lana inspires me, even in the rough times. When naming her, we read that Lana means "a light in the dark" She doesn't get that nature from her name, but from her creator. No doubt, she is hurting right now, but she carries on with service to others. She has a way about her, that makes others have a better day.

Alex has been given amazing talents. Although he works at it, he really just has it. There were times when I reminded him that God gave him those talents to glorify HIM. But, even if Alex never sings or acts again, his life is a blessing and I am honored to be his mom.

These are blessings that I am sure of, and forever grateful for.

1 comment:

Kathy aka Pie said...

You have done a remarkable job as a mom. Myra has a great blueprint to go by & she seems to be doing all the right things. I wish Lana was closer so we could hug her more, but her faith is strong and will once again pull her through. As for Alex & his talents, life is his stage, always performing. We haven't the chance to get to know Patrick very well yet, but I will say you can see the love he has for his daughter when he holds her & that means a lot. Take care of yourself & keep writing, I'm enjoying this.