Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Keeping Connected

I love it when Myra calls and says, "Go look at my Blog." I can't get there fast enough. I get a glimpse of a new event in Morgandy's life. What a treasure! What a gift! I hear Myra laughing at my joyful ramblings in seeing our little darlin. If you need a pick-me-up for the day, just go to Myra's Blog.

I love to hear all of Lana's adventures. She has started a new job, and with the best attitude, under the circumstances. I see God holding her up, after the highs and low of her Africa experience. One of her fun stories, is when men inquired of Adam if Lana was available for marriage. Adam gave them the price of obtaining her. "She is worth 15 goats and 3 cows." was Adam's reply. They knew with that price, they had no chance. As Lana & Adam walked away, she let Adam know that she was worth much more than that. "Next time throw a camel in the price." she said. Adam met his match when Lana came along. They both have a bit of their Papa John's quick wit.

Alex loves to call when he is waiting for the train or bus. If he's walking down the street, that Chicago wind can really interfere with the phone call. If he's waiting in line to order a coffee or lunch, I stand by as he orders. I guess I fill in the gap of his busy days, but that's o.k. It's good being connected.

One form of connection that has meant so much to me, is my screen saver. It is a picture of my three kids, taken last month. Getting 3 adult children in one place is so hard. But, I love this picture. Seems like each time I see it, I have a new memory. I find myself looking at them and thanking God for these awesome people.

Better go, (to Myra's blog) and get my pick-me-up for the day.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Mom
Thanks for your post

Lana said...

mom
thanks for your post