Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Thesaurus says..

I've been ask if I could find a better adjective to say when I see my "precious" granddaughter. It's what naturally comes out of my mouth, don't even know when I say it, you know, like people saying" like" and "you know" all the time.
It's just like that! I see Morgandy and I say "precious." (You can see her on Myra's blog, she's so precious.)
So, this morning, I thumb through the Thesaurus, and I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, "priceless or exquisite." Mastercard has taken over the word priceless, and exquisite is not in my vocabulary.
Any ideas on a replacement word would be appreciated.

5 comments:

Kathy aka Pie said...

First of all - what is wrong with "precious"? It fits her perfectly. But if you must change it, how about cherished or treasure. I am already looking forward to reading your rambles, because ya know, I speak the same language. love ya.

myra said...

It's more how you say it... it sounds like "Precioussssss" the way Smeigal says in Lord of the Rings. :)

Lana said...

I looked up precious in the dictionary like you did, I say we call Mo "costly". Just imagine, Oh your so costly.
Love ya

Alex the Great said...

haha mom, your funny.
love you.

Jackie said...

I'm a grandmother 5 times and "precious" is the only word that describes the innocents!!

You have a wonderful blog. Thank you for allowing me to visit...